Sunday, March 9, 2008

Reason #551



Ben Wong Playing the Piano



In truth, we have tons of musical talent that add to the awesomeness of the BYU 74th Ward, and I hope there will be more posts similar to this one. But, for right now I just have to say that Ben is one of those reasons why we should all come to church a little early each Sunday morning.

Case and point: when I play piano, you hear Yankee Doodle come to town. But when Ben plays the piano, you can hear Yankee Doodle come to town, take on half the British army, ponder the virtues of democracy, and hear him fall in love with one of the beautiful British double agents only to have their romance shattered by a stunning crescendo at the end of the song. Moral of the story: Ben is a man with mad musical skills.

These skills transfer wonderfully to the hymns he plays in church. You haven't heard anything like catching a few minutes of him playing some prelude/postlude music for a church meeting.

If you don't know Ben yet, or haven't heard him play Praise to the Man, you need to repent.

(Sometimes if we're lucky he will sit down and play right after Elder's Quorum)

1 comments:

Shanchel said...

I second that! And by the way. . . well written post!